Most people take emailing only as a marketing mean to promote certain products or brands through messages. Yes, it is very much true that email inspires future purchases and customer loyalty but it’s also a fact that many businesses depend upon emails to relay transactional information to the clients.
Some of the most common contents of transactional emails constitute, welcome messages, account related information, password delivery, information on invoices and receipts, email alerts, reminders, etc.
Email marketers can only take full advantage of transactional email if they have strong and effective marketing strategies and smooth data collection practices, besides having a strong and reliable SMTP mail server. With the help of all these features, one can think of prompt email delivery to the inbox of clients.
Here are a few tips for a better transactional email delivery experience
• Transactional emails have generally high click rates. Customers expect information through transactional emails. So, it’s essential that emails reach to the inbox of clients on time. According to a data, almost 20 percent of genuine emails are left undelivered because ISPs take them as spam. So, you should keep a close watch on the transactional emails and spot out the reasons of failure delivery. Once it is identified, go for the required precautionary measures before it affects your marketing campaign.
• It is imperative that transactional emails are delivered on time. A customer wants instant actions on their orders or when they sign up for the newsletters. Delay in the confirmation can be suicidal for the respective business venture. You should invest in acquiring required infrastructure and make it sure that system complies with the requirements of ISP.
• Emails heavily loaded with images and HTML errors are prone to spamming and might have a drastic impact on your marketing campaign. You should research properly on the mindset of consumers and their likes and dislikes. Frame user-friendly emails that can be read on smart-phones and tablet devices also.
• ISPs use the sender reputation to filter out the messages. It should be kept in mind that each IP has unique sender reputation. If certain errors, such as jumping “friend request” messages to the junk box, occur, take prompt action to solve such problems.
• Last but not the least; ensure the security of your mail server. Do not comply with open relay or open proxy. Follow the standard server security set up in the industry. Prefer to use third party tool or system for taking control of your marketing environment.
By following these tips, not only the proper delivery of transactional emails is confirmed but also there is a high chance that your email marketing campaign will get a boost.