Having an SMTP mail server installed instead of a PHP mail has a number of benefits. The first would be the speeding up of the website and the limited resources that are consumed from the website. The other great benefit would be that an unlimited number of emails could be sent per day and yet the sender would face no restrictions or be considered a spammer.
An SMTP server when installed for sending emails also ensures users that they never have to worry about their emails failing. It is for sure the fastest and easiest way to send email from one place to the other.
Here is how you can set up your SMTP server instead of your PHP mail:
- The first step would be to set up an email account. Only after an SMTP account has been created can you go about with the other steps.
- The second important step would be to log into the admin_area
- Now look at the left column and search for Email settings in a tab titled Stats and Configurations tab. When you find this, click on it.
- Make sure you select SMTP as the Mailer in the first drop down.
- Take your time to fill in the boxes below.
- Now, when it comes to finding your host, most of the times its “mail.yourdomain.tld”. Get in touch with your web host provider just to double check.
- The port that is usually used is 25, but then again, just to make sure check with your web host provider.
- The username, is the e-mail address you had previously taken the trouble to create, for example: email@example.com
- Once again the password is the password of the e-mail address you created.
- Let SMTP authentication take place and then click on update.
And voila! You have your SMTP mail server installed and ready to use.
Whether you have to send one, hundreds or thousands of emails per day, an SMTP Mail server when installed makes sure that you never face any difficulties.
A greater number of people are already using SMTP servers these days because emails are the fastest and most convenient methods of communication even for business purposes. Using simple servers would make email sending and receiving very slow and would therefore, stand in the way of a business gaining success and popularity. It is for this reason that they need to set up an SMTP email server instead of a PHP mail as they wish to enjoy a reliable email sending service.